Who we are
Joyride is the world's leading SaaS platform for micromobility, enabling businesses around the globe to launch, manage and grow their own branded fleets of bikes, scooters, mopeds and everything else smaller than a car. We are passionate about transportation and changing the way people think about community connectivity. At Joyride, you'll get to work with a motivated and driven team to find creative solutions to exciting challenges in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced industry.
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for creating the best web and mobile software experience for our customers. You will combine user research—both qualitative and quantitative—with fast-paced execution to form a user, data, and design-centric culture.
What you’ll do
- Lead and create holistic design solutions for our customers that address their needs by considering the entire customer experience.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and specifics of the user-centered design process within a cross-functional team.
- Glean insights about our current and future users from qualitative and quantitative research.
- Design user research and usability studies, collect and react to user feedback.
- Formulate and test hypotheses based on user research and behavioral analytics.
- Work directly with your product manager and engineering team to define UX and UI requirements that create a consistent experience across channels and products.
- Create user flows, design documentation, prototypes, high-fidelity mocks, and other UX deliverables.
- Define an accessible design system for data visualizations.
- Create thoughtful growth experiments through innovative design solutions and test against users.
Who you are
- A self-starter who actively seeks the “why” in order to make the Joyride experience easy and enjoyable to use.
- Know how to navigate through the unknown.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of responsive web design, iOS, and Android best practices.
- Are passionate about user-centered design.
- Demand a collaborative environment.
- Embrace iterative development.
- Are excited to conduct usability tests, talk to users out in the field, A/B test, and then share learnings with the organization.
- Are a solid communicator possessing strong presentation and verbal & written communication skills.
- Exceptionally organized and very comfortable working with engineering and product managers.
- 2+ years professional experience designing web and native applications.
- A portfolio that showcases your design process, thinking, & execution.
- Solid understanding of the design process, information architecture, usability, and heuristics.
- Must have a firm understanding of different UI constructs for responsiveness.
- Knowledge and efficiency with UI design tools - InVision and Sketch preferred.
- Ability to meet and communicate deadlines.