Who we are
Joyride is the world's leading SaaS platform for micromobility, enabling businesses around the globe to launch, manage and grow their own branded fleets of bikes, scooters, mopeds and everything else smaller than a car. We are passionate about transportation and changing the way people think about community connectivity. At Joyride, you'll get to work with a motivated and driven team to find creative solutions to exciting challenges in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced industry.
As a Senior Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for the ongoing development, improvement, and maintenance of our cloud based infrastructure to deliver our SaaS Platform reliably and securely including our application, code delivery, data, and integration pipelines. You will support connectivity for tens of thousands of vehicles across 5 continents on a daily basis and manage scale-up strategies to support rapid growth. To be successful in this role, you will be an individual who is passionate about application and cloud architecture, are compulsive about standards, consistency, and conventions, possess a keen ability to analyze data and identify patterns especially in distributed data systems. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong understanding around the importance of system reliability and performance and have a strong sense of common security principles. As a senior member of the team, you will be working with team leads and other developers to design, implement and maintain the various infrastructure (platforms) in the cloud (AWS, GCP). If you're comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Design and implement the data infrastructure platforms including the data ingestion, data consumption and stream processing using third-party cloud providers.
- Interact with project owners, data engineering team and related internal customers to collect and document technical requirements.
- Drive and take responsibility for the quality, security, and reliability of the infrastructure.
- Research and assess technology environments and trends for best practises to apply.
- Prepare detailed component design and development plans, present them in the infrastructure review meeting.
- Implement approved design following industry best practises and with high adherences to industry standards and established best practices.
- Oversee the collection and analysis of key metrics and reporting dashboards to monitor enterprise data platform performance and reliability.
- Design, implement, and maintain our monitoring and telemetry strategies.
- Project delivery support, monitoring and reporting as required.
- Mentor other team members toward technical expertise.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other related degree.
- 5+ years hands-on experience in SaaS with 2+ years experience in developing, implementing and maintaining production-level systems
- Deep understanding of large scale distributed systems (theory and practical experience), design patterns, and object-oriented design principles.
- Experience with Test Driven Development in DevOps and Agile environments
- Strong experience with SQL/NoSQL database
- Past experience with Firebase/TSDB/BigData Solution
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with reliability assurance of large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on platform engineering.
- Highly self-motivated to constantly pursue better technical solutions.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work well under pressure and respond to multiple fast changing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset